Drinking and driving One of the biggest causes of motor-vehicle deaths is driving while under the influence of alcohol . This can be especially dangerous among younger people.
The single biggest cause of fatal car accidents is distracted driving. This is especially true for drivers between 15 and 20 years old. Distractions come in many forms: looking at others in the car, playing with the radio, reaching for something on the floor, or answering a phone call or text message.
Motor vehicle crashes are a leading cause of death in the U.S. More than 35,000 people died from motor vehicle crashes in 2015 alone.
Causes of Road Accidents Over Speeding . Drunken Driving. Distractions to Driver. Red Light Jumping. Avoiding Safety Gears like Seat belts and Helmets. Non-adherence to lane driving and overtaking in a wrong manner.
The ten most dangerous states for driving : 3) Louisiana (1.53 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles, -67% change since 1975) 2) Mississippi (1.63 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles, -57% change since 1975) 1) South Carolina (1.83 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles, -54% change since 1975)
Though distractions and negligence are primary causes of fatalities, drinking and driving, use of narcotics and criminal behavior are other contributing factors of fatal motor vehicle accidents . Drunk drivers usually swerve through both lanes and cause collisions injuring both others and themselves.
When looking at collisions between motor vehicles, angle collisions cause the greatest number of deaths (about 7,400 in 2018). The interactive chart also shows the estimated number of deaths, injuries, fatal crashes , injury crashes , and all crashes for various types of motor- vehicle crashes .
Around 15 percent of fatal car crashes occur in intersections, while the remaining 85 percent take place on the open road. However, many non-fatal car crashes do take place in intersections as a result of improper left turns, violations of traffic laws, speeding, and distracted driving.
According to safety experts, there are three basic causes / factors that contribute to accidents in organisations. They are chance occurrences, unsafe conditions and unsafe acts on the part of employees.
Following are eight of the most common causes of accidents in the workplace : Lifting. Fatigue. Dehydration. Poor Lighting. Hazardous Materials. Acts of Workplace Violence. Trips and Falls. Stress.
According to an Institute of Transportation Engineers Study, those driving 10 mph slower than the prevailing speed are six times as likely to be involved in an accident .
Preventing accidents is easy when you know what to do. Develop the right attitude about driving. Get as much supervised practice driving as possible. ALWAYS wear your safety belt. Underage drinking and drug use is illegal. Limit your passengers. Limit your night driving. Keep it slow and safe for starters.