The Utah withholding account number is a 14-character number. The first eleven characters are numeric and the last three are “WTH.” Do not enter hyphens. Example: 12345678901WTH. If form W-2 or 1099 does not include this number, contact the employer or payer to get the correct number to enter on TC-40W, Part 1.
Utah Income Tax forms for Tax Year 2019 can no longer be prepared and e-filed. Select the respective Form (s) below and sign it online here on eFile.com, and mail them to the Utah State Tax Commission. In addition to filing Utah Forms , you might also have to file the 2019 IRS Tax Return Forms .
If you file federal Form 944, Employer’s Annual Federal Tax Return , you may file and pay your Utah withhold – ing tax annually. If you do not meet the criteria in Utah Code §59-10-402, 404 and 405, you are not required to have a Utah with- holding account or to withhold Utah tax .
With this option, you can register for a Tax Commission account; register your business with the Department of Commerce; set up an unemployment insurance account with the Department of Workforce Services; get certain city business licenses, and more. Paper form TC – 69 , Utah State Business and Tax Registration.
To obtain an original identification card in Utah : Fill out the identification card application online prior to your visit and bring with you. SCHEDULE an identification card appointment for your visit. Photo will be taken. Provide proof of identity (name and DOB.) Submit the nonrefundable fee of $23.00.
The income tax withholding formula for the State of Utah has been updated to eliminate the withholding allowance for employees who have not filed a W-4 form. The tax withheld will be at a flat 4.95 percent for those employees. No action on the part of the employee or the personnel office is necessary.
|2021 Tax Rates – Single Taxpayers – Standard Deduction $12,550 2020 Rates|
|10%||0 to $9,950|
|12%||$19,900 to $81,050|
|22%||$81,050 to $172,750|
|24%||$172,750 to $329,850|
Utah Income Taxes There is a single, flat rate paid by all income earners: 4.95% of their taxable income . Taxable income is calculated by subtracting all personal exemptions from total income . In Utah , you can claim a personal exemption of $579 for each dependent you claimed on your federal tax return .
That’s because seven US states don’t impose state income tax — Alaska , Florida , Nevada , South Dakota , Texas , Washington , and Wyoming . New Hampshire and Tennessee don’t tax earned income either, but they do tax investment income — in the form of interest and dividends — at 5% and 1%, respectively, for the 2020 tax year.
Payroll Tax Rates The current tax rate for Social Security is 6.2% for the employer and 6.2% for the employee , for a total of 12.4%. The current rate for Medicare is 1.45% for the employer and 1.45% for the employee , for a total of 2.9%.
If you live in a place with state tax , that will likely be withheld in addition of that. In Utah , for example, employers my tack on additional ~4% withholding for taxes . On top of that, you’ll likely pay 1.45% in Medicare tax and 6.2% in social security tax . The total tax ends up being around 32%-36% for bonuses .
You must claim Utah withholding tax credits by completing form TC – 40W and attaching it to your return.
Pay Online. You may pay your tax online with your credit card or with an electronic check (ACH debit). Pay by Mail. You may also mail your check or money order payable to the “ Utah State Tax Commission” with your return. Pay in Person.
All Utah sales and use tax returns and other sales-related tax returns must be filed electronically, beginning with returns due Nov. 2, 2020. File electronically using Taxpayer Access Point at tap. utah .gov.